Citi a dezvoltat un parteneriat cu University of Miami prin care “Gen-Y college kids” vor lucra in cadrul unor programe de mentorat cu 15 manageri din organizatie. Scopul proiectului este de a include perspectiva lor despre social media si tehnologiile digitale in strategiile pe termen lung ale grupului financiar.
Detalii despre acest proiect pe site-ul The Financial Brand.
- 18% of directors have a minimal knowledge of social media or they don’t understand it at all. They get lost in discussion about social media and can’t ask probing questions.
- 27% of directors consider themselves very knowledgeable about social media with regard to the company’s practices, and believe they can easily discuss the topic and ask probing questions.
- 21% of directors see the impact of social media on their boards as being signicant or extremely signicant today, but when asked to look out three to ve years, this figure rises to 74%.
- 55% of directors have some awareness of social media, but not a strong grasp on the topic, especially at the level needed for board oversight.
- 45% of directors think their boards do not have adequate social media oversight and 22% are unsure.
The results of this survey raise some significant challenges for boards and directors. The majority of directors are not confident in their personal understanding of social media. This extends to their confidence in understanding the impact of social media on their business. At the same time that 21% of directors indicated that social media is not a critical issue today; 74% said it would be critical in three to five years. Most directors know that social media is an important issue and see the increasing impact in coming years, yet they are not yet taking full oversight of these issues on their boards. The positive outlook is that there is recognition that this is something boards and directors need to take on, and they have thought about how to do so.